Search The Web

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thinking about Investing In China ? Think again, says Carlos X Alexandre

who says that ' China Is Not a Bubble: It's the Hindenburg ' , in a SEEKING ALPHA piece.

It’s no secret that my nickname for China is “The Evolving Nightmare,” and as I continue to keep tabs on the country, increasingly more trouble spots emerge. If I held iShares FTSE/Xinhua China 25 Index Fund (FXI), I wouldn’t be walking away. I would be running. And the iShares MSCI Hong Kong Index Fund (EWH) is another investment that would be added to my “do-not-buy” list as well — and the list would be quite long, including sector Chinese ETFs. None is worth holding when the underlying economic foundation is fractured at best. And if investments hinge on the nonsense mantra that China’s demand for commodities will save the global marketplace, please be mindful that the country must first save itself.
Alexandre isn't alone. Apparently John Tang, China analyst for UBS, believes that China is about to experience a 'significant slowdown'.

No comments:

Post a Comment